Quin Er is an active member of the Malaysian Chinese Association since she was 20 years old. She has been spearheading charitable efforts for underprivileged students under the Sunlight Education Financial Aid Fund, as the Executive Secretary. This fund has been providing aid to schools and over 300 needy students annually within the Seputeh constituency since 2005. She has always been an enthusiastic student in her formative years and encourages students to be proactive by organising activities such as motivational talks and educational visits for them.
“The greatest good is what we do for one another”
During the forming days of her career, Quin Er was actively involved in various societies. Her selflessness was demonstrated when she served the country as a member of the Rejimen Askar Wataniah (Territorial Army Regiment), the military reserve force of the Malaysian Army at TUDM Sungai Besi for 2 ½ years. There, she was a sharp shooter for the 100m range.
Her passion for doing pro bono activities goes back many years, where not only has she been volunteering at the Sunlight Charity Foundation but she has also been providing help to victims of domestic abuse.
She was also a dragon boater with the KL Barbarians, where her qualities such as passion, perseverance, teamwork and dedication were known to her Dragon Boater teammates.
- She is also the current Secretary of the Catholic High School Alumni Association.
- She also serves as the Legal Advisor for the Chee How temple.
- Quin Er is also a current board member of the Selangor and Kuala Lumpur Kwang Tung Association.
- She is also the current Director for the World Youth Congress of Jiangmen.
- She is also the current Vice President for the Taishan Overseas Chinese Association
- She is also the former Legal Advisor and current Director for the Thoy San Association Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.